Ah the freshman dorm…the newbie residence of choice. Whether you were forced by your university to live in the dorms or you did this of your own free will, you’ll know there are a few unmistakable hallmarks of this type of living arrangement. From the wild parties to the bonding time your hallmates and you had complaining about the terrible wifi, you’ll only understand how real the struggle was if you lived in a freshman dorm.
1. Turning on three showers to get the hot water to turn on…
2. That *one* person
You know who I’m talking about. You hear them making promiscuous sounds at 2 am. Every week night.
3. The laundry room has no chill
If you’re one second late taking your clothes from the dryer I will dump your clothes on the ground.
4. The casual elevator drunk
Typically a he, usually partied too hard that night and tried to find his way back to his dorm alone, only now he doesn’t know what floor he lives on…we all feel a strange sort of envy for this guy. He’s gonna have some great stories to tell ten years down the road.
5. Central heating attempting to turn the dorms into Central America
Could we maybe turn it down to…I don’t know…something other than 85 degrees? Thanks.
6. So help me if anybody burns their popcorn at 1 am ever again
7. Dorm parties are great until someone gets hurt
Or, ya know, falls out of a 9th floor window. Ouch.
8. “We have excellent wifi on campus!” except the freshman dorms apparently
Thanks, Paws-Secure 1, 2, AND 3, for disconnecting during online tests, dropping during crucial essay writing moments, and never being there for me whenever Netflix was my top priority.
9. If you give a mouse a cookie…
10. “These are the best years of your life!”
Yes, through crappy dorms, scary advanced classes, and a few rocky starts these years will shape up to be some of the best. So even though your shower might not have hot water or you had to stand out in the snow during the wee hours of the morning due to burnt popcorn and a fire alarm, you’ll get through these last few months so quickly and wish for them back – just so you can do it all over again!